- Betfair Australia
- Betting tips
- Daily Race Tips
- Free Bet
- Greyhound Racing
- Harness Racing
- Horse racing
- Motor Sport
- NBL Basketball
- Other sports
- Phone Betting
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- The Informers
- Tour De France
- US Sports
Betfair Australia > Matthew Walton
Matthew has spent all his working life within the media and the betting industry. For the past 15 years he has collaborated with a number of leading form experts and professional backers in providing highly successful betting advice. Now, based in Cheshire, the 39-year-old analyst provides daily tennis information through Goldcall (www.goldcall.com) and is currently compiling the first 'Tennis Form Book' which is due out in November.
His journalistic career began with the BBC in the early 1990's where he worked as a football reporter for both television and radio. After concentrating much of his time on betting activities, Matthew can be seen on Channel M (Sky Channel 203) where he works as a freelance sports pundit, a role which he combines with his writing and betting interests.
As for favourite players ... I'm a clay court man. Ambition is to one day make it to the French Open final although I probably stand more chance as a spectator than a player!
Favourite player of recent years would have to be Guga (Gustavo Kuerten). Backed him every time he won at Roland Garros and the bet I remember most was when he came from match point down against Michael Russell in 2001 to win his third title. I can see him now, lying on his back in the middle of a big heart he drew on the court with his racquet.
Tennis betting is a great sport to bet on. There's no chance of a draw, there's enough stats available to give well-informed backers a good chance of success and the individual nature of the sport (versus football, cricket, rugby etc) allows for a much better appreciation of the form.
- Euro 2012 Betting: Some specials
- FA Cup Betting: Stats point to Chelsea champions
- Champions League Betting: Tale of two cities
- Champions League Betting: Superpower battle
- Champ League Betting: Tough Benfica to meet Chelsea
- Champions Betting: Not so easy for favourites
- How do Big Four win?
- Arsenal in with a chance
- Manchester City can progress
- No value backing the market leaders
- Does spectre of catenaccio still haunt?
- Next, First Time, Grand Slam Winner?
- The Bigger Picture...
- Bayern over-priced, Porto under-priced
- Messi takes on Ronaldo
- Stats say Chelsea 'Yes'
- Favourite backers beware
- Whose Foot Is Off The Gas?
- ATP Tour World Finals Group A
- Benitez wrong nationality for Serie A glory