Kiwis take the Test
...it was day four where the markets shifted like quicksand, see-sawing dramatically right up until the final ball
Over just three hours, the Black Caps came in from $42 to winners in the second test in Hobart.
In the Kiwi's first test win against Australia in 19 years, Betfair punters wagered over $1.5 million on Australia at $1.10 and less.
But it was day four where the markets shifted like quicksand, see-sawing dramatically right up until the final ball:
1 - Start, day four
New Zealand $8.50
2 - Lunch
New Zealand $5.30
3 - Before Khawaja dismissal
New Zealand $42
4 - Hussey and Clarke dismissed
New Zealand $3.55
5 - Pattinson dismissed
New Zealand $1.76
6 - Starc dismissed
New Zealand $1.46
7 - Lyon LBW decision reviewed
New Zealand $1.01
8 - Odds prior to Lyon dismissal
New Zealand $1.66
Some of the significant figures from the second test in Hobart include:
• Betfair punters traded $102,000 on Australia to win the test at odds of $1.02
• Over $1.5m AUD was traded on Australia to win at odds of $1.10 or less.
• New Zealand was backed at a top price of $42 to win the test at 11.15am this morning (day four)
• New Zealand started day four at $8.50 to win.
• New Zealand traded at $14 during their first innings on day one.
• $25,910,824 was traded in match odds betting on the test match.
Australia have now drifted out so that India are just favourites to take out the Boxing Day Test.